Thứ Hai, 21 tháng 1, 2013

Request your help in securing Nguyen thi Oanh’s release


VRNs (Jan 20 th , 2013) – Hanoi –  The Honorable …
RE: Request your help in securing Nguyen thi Oanh’s release
Dear …
I, Tran Dinh Huy, born on July 4, 1987; ID Card number 162879175, issued on July 10, 2009, currently reside in Yen My, Y Yen, Nam Dinh, Vietnam. My wife is Nguyen Thi Oanh, born on May 15, 1988; ID Card number 186653866, issued on May 4, 2011.
I am writing this letter to ask for your help; my wife and the unborn child are in dire need of your assistance.
Our situation is as follows:
My wife is pregnant. In November 2012, I arranged for my wife to go home to her family in Hop Thanh, Yen Thanh, Nghe An for care in her early pregnancy. However, on December 5, 2012, the local police force, a group of 20 peoples, showed up at the home where my wife had resided temporarily in the middle of the night. Without a warrant, the police arrested my wife and brought her to Hanoi.
Two days later, I went to the police station in Hanoi to inquire about my wife. At that time, I was given a copy of the warrant for her arrest; the reason for her arrest was listed as “abetting tax evasion”. The warrant was signed by Colonel Tran Cao Thu, dated December 6, 2012. Essentially, my wife was kidnapped and  put in jail one (1) day before the warrant was created.     
Before her wrongful imprisonment, my wife worked as an assistant for Mr Le Dinh Quan, President of Company of information and credit rating Vietnamese business. I now learned that Mr. Le Dinh Quan was also arrested and put in jail for “tax evasion” a month before.
Currently, my wife is held at Prison Center 1 in Hanoi (also known as Hoa Lo). It has been over a month, neither my lawyer nor I was allowed to visit her. We petitioned for her release several times without a response from the local government.
Under the current laws, pregnant women, mothers of children under 36 months, the elderly, the severely ill shall not be imprisoned and be given other considerations.
My wife is a law abiding citizen, she has no previous arrests. The manner in which she was arrested and the harsh treatment for “abetting tax evasion”, a charge yet to be proven, are outside of the laws.  
My wife is in her third month of pregnancy, she is not well. Under harsh conditions of the prison and the freezing cold weather, with the lack of food, poor nutrition and the lack of warm clothing, my wife’s and my unborn child’s health and safety are at risk. 
I am asking you to help us. Please help me secure my wife’s release. Your voice and your action are much needed.
I am grateful for your help.  
 TRAN DINH HUY


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến